The Seattle Seahawks have released their longtime top linebacker Bobby Wagner. This reported NFL insider Adam editor of espn on Tuesday evening.
Thus, Wagner is only a few hours after the Trade of Russell Wilson to the Denver Broncos the next cornerstone, leaving Seattle after a total of ten years.
Wagner, who belongs to the most important players of franchise history, enables Seahawks through its departure Cap savings of $ 16.6 million. How it continues for Wagner is open.
Thus, Defensive End Benson Mayowa is the last remaining Super Bowl winner from 2013 in the team. In addition, the Seahawks lose the player with most tackles of team history.
Articles and videos about the topic
* Seahawks and Broncos agree on blockbuster trade
* With record deal! Rodgers stays in Green Bay
* Waiting for the quarterback carousel: the questioning looks of the parents
* Experience the NFL live on Dazn. Register now! Can be terminated at any time monthly.
* NFL Game Pass: Watch the Season Live!
For Wagner itself it is the first summer of his career he spends as a free agent. In 2019, he last extended his expiring contract by three years and 54 million euros. Also interesting: Wagner will continue to be represented in contract negotiations.